What is Transitional Kindergarten?
Transitional Kindergarten, often referred to as TK, is an exciting educational opportunity for children who turn five between Sept. 2 and Dec. 2. It is the first phase of a two-year Kindergarten program that uses age-appropriate curricula aligned to the Common Core State Standards and California Preschool Learning Foundations and California Preschool Curriculum Frameworks.
*A child is eligible for TK if they have their fifth birthday between September 2 and December 2 (inclusive) and each school year thereafter (EC 48000[c]).
Verification of Residence
PROOF OF RESIDENCE
Proof of Residency Evidence may be established by documentation showing the CURRENT name and address of the parent/guardian within the district, including, but not limited to, any of the following: (Education Code 48204.1)
1. Property tax payment receipt
2. Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipt
3. Utility service contract, statement, or payment receipt
4. Pay stub
5. Voter registration
6. Correspondence from a government agency
7. Declaration of residency executed by the student's parent/guardian
8. If the student is an unaccompanied youth as defined in 42 USC 11434a, a declaration of residency executed by the student
9. If the student is residing in the home of a caregiving adult within district boundaries, an affidavit executed by the caregiving adult in accordance with Family Code 6552