GSD Board of Trustees Board Policies
Bonds: Measure F & G Business Services Calendar Facilities & Maintenance Federal Programs: Title VII, IX, Uniform Complaint Procedures History/Mission Statement Human Resources/Staff Forms LCFF/LCAP Public Hearings and/or Notices Staff Contacts Superintendent
ELAC- English Learner Advisory Committee Community Support EL Info Emergency Preparedness FOGS: Friends of Guerneville School Forms/Notices/Procedures Free/Reduced Lunch applications School Accountability Report Card (SARC) Testing Information/CA Standards SBAC Test Results
After School Program Ballet Folklorico Bus Pass Forms/Schedule College Ready! Guerneville Education Outdoors Program Health Services (Students) Kindergarten/Transitional Kinder Music; Sing, Play, March!!!! Sports School Nutrition/Wellness Social & Emotional Learning Summer Programs


Forms to Fill Out

Annual Notice to Parents ( English / Spanish)

Housing Information Form 


How do I resolve a complaint with my child’s school?

If you are experiencing a problem there is a specific procedure that you should follow to get your complaint resolved.


If your complaint involves an individual teacher or other members of the school staff, it is suggested that you first contact him/her directly to discuss your concerns and try to resolve the problem informally.


If this fails, contact the principal of the school. If this also produces unsatisfactory results or you are uncertain how to proceed, contact the district office for assistance.

The Guerneville School District has a written policy and administrative regulations for dealing with various complaints (See BP 1312.1, 1312.2, 1312.3). These board adopted policies provide direction on how to file a specific complaint at the district level and will be provided to you on request. In many cases, you will be asked to submit your complaint in writing. Complaints are handled as described in the district policy, which also includes an appeal process.


Some types of complaints may require special handling. For example, if your complaint involves special education services, you may want to call the Sonoma County SELPA’s Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) helpline at (707) 524-2785. This resource is available to resolve disagreements between schools and the families of all children in special education in Sonoma County.


If your complaint specifically alleges discrimination, harassment, or a violation of a federal or state law, you may need to follow Uniform Complaint Procedures (BP 1312.3). The Human Resources Department can inform you about this process.


Parents sometimes attempt to contact the Sonoma County Office of Education (SCOE) for assistance regarding complaints against local schools; however, SCOE does not have authority over local schools and these calls are referred back to the district level. Note that the day-to-day operations of each public school are overseen by a district superintendent and elected board of trustees.

Uniform Complaint Procedures

The Board of Trustees recognizes that the district has the primary responsibility to ensure compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations governing educational programs. The Board encourages the early, informal resolution of complaints whenever possible and appropriate. To resolve complaints which cannot be resolved through such informal process, the Board adopts the uniform system of complaint processes specified in 5 CCR 4600-4670 and the accompanying administrative regulation. The district's uniform complaint procedures (UCP) shall be used to investigate and resolve the following complaints (BP 1312.03):


Any complaint alleging district violation of applicable state or federal law or regulations governing adult education programs, consolidated categorical aid programs, migrant education, career technical and technical education and training programs, child care and development programs, child nutrition programs, and special education programs (5 CCR 4610)

Uniform Complaint Form